Thursday 16 December 2010

Get on with it

There is no blog out there dealing with electronic music in the way it should be. There is no website or magazine or newspaper doing it either. And goddamit this is not the blog to change that.
No, all I can aim to do is jabber on about music I love and hope some of it makes sense.
At the same time, no doubt, I'll throw up stuff about news, films, books and all the finicky mishmash of my life.
It's time for end of year lists. Pitchfork has done one (http://pitchfork.com/), cokemachineglow has done one (http://www.cokemachineglow.com/), the Wire has done one - even though, as a subscriber, I've somehow yet to see it.
As usual with me - and I suspect many other people - it's that time of year when you realise you've missed out on most of the great records of the year. I try my damnedest to pay attention, but I've only picked up a handful of CDs that are now being hailed as the best this year produced.
Who cares, I guess. But it does remind me of that annual treat that was John Peel's Festive 50.
I remember spending hours trying to whittle down my favourite three tracks of 1994 to send off my votes on a postcard to the show.
With that in mind, here's the only one of them I can remember still now:

2 comments: