Wednesday 4 May 2011

Omni Trio: Living for the Future (FBD Project remix)



Drum and bass has almost run its course as a musical movement now. Indeed, for a while, it threatened to become a bit of a joke. Did popular exposure and concomitant enervation lead to its demise? Was the formula too rigid to last? Did the scene lack star quality? I'm not sure. But I'm still weirdly fascinated by it - even more so than I was at the time, in fact. For one thing, when ever I get drunk, drum and bass records are not far away. And that's an important sign for a lush like me.
And this piece by Omni Trio is just one of 50,000 pieces I could have picked out to illustrate the point.
One day, I suspect critics will look back on drum and bass with much more regard - and not just as street music, DJ music or dancefloor music.

No comments:

Post a Comment